Other Harmful Household Items
Here are a few other items to watch for that you might not think about.
- Acetaminophen and many other prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Houseplants, such as lilies
- Flea and tick medications meant for dogs
- Common household cleaners, such as kitchen and bath surface cleaners, carpet cleaners and toilet-bowl cleaners
- Liquid potpourri, such as those used with scent diffusers
What to Do in Case of Ingestion
If your cat ingests any of these items, call a vet immediately. The vet might recommend you induce vomiting quickly yourself.