Crafted in our USA facilities with the finest ingredients from around the world.
- We own our dry pet food facilities in Lebanon, Tenn and Victorville, Calif.
- We conduct more than 600 quality checks a day.
- Quality experts work onsite to ensure we meet all safety standards and certifications.
- Our dedicated sanitation experts oversee highly sophisticated daily cleaning and sanitation plans.
They also supervise at least one complete shutdown for in-depth cleaning and sanitation per week.
- All of our facilities are inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- We adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Hygiene Practices, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control
Points - all regulated by the FDA.
What is Safety Certification?
We partnered with other pet food manufacturers and ingredient suppliers from the American Feed Industry
Association to create an independent, third-party certification program focused exclusively on pet food
manufacturing safety. This program is called The Assured & Approved Pet Food Manufacturing Facility
- It goes far beyond existing pet food regulations to establish comprehensive standards of excellence
to maximize pet food safety.
- This program is entirely voluntary.
- It serves as a reliable way to measure the safety standards of a pet food company.
Our Dry Pet Food Manufacturing Practices Are Safety Certified
What This Means to You
We go to great lengths to ensure the safety of our food because we care about pets. It's the reason we never compromise our standards. And it's why you can feel confident about feeding NUTRO™ Pet Food to your pet.
Freshness and Stability
- We buy our own ingredients.
- We can trace all of our natural ingredients back to the supplier.
- We work directly with our suppliers to constantly monitor and improve the freshness, quality and
stability of our natural ingredients.