Real Results From Natural Ingredients
We understand that pet parents care about what goes into their pets’ food.
- We use high-quality, natural ingredients in NATURAL CHOICE® Pet Food to deliver balanced nutrition with proven visible health benefits.
- Our first ingredient is real, high-quality protein, such as farm-raised chicken and pasture-fed lamb.
- Our pet food contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. We also use no chicken by-product meal, corn, corn gluten meal, wheat, rice flour, soy protein or Menadione (a synthetic source of vitamin K).
- We can trace all of our natural ingredients back to their suppliers.
How Does NATURAL CHOICE® Dog Food Compare?
Maximizing the Power of Nature
See how quality, natural ingredients make a real difference in the health of your pet.
High-Quality Animal Protein
- Great-tasting, U.S.-farm-raised chicken, which delivers the amino acids necessary to build muscle and maintain a healthy metabolism, is the #1 ingredient in our Chicken, Whole Brown Rice & Oatmeal Formulas.
- In our Lamb Meal & Rice Formulas, we use real Australian and New Zealand lamb meal and whole brown rice to provide optimal nutrition without added ingredients that could cause digestive issues.
- Our formulas with fish meal feature seasonally caught fish that are a novel animal protein and are rich in omega-3 fatty acids for optimal nutrition.
- In our formulas with venison meal, our pasture-fed New Zealand venison is a unique, high-quality source of protein that's not often used in dog food, which makes it less likely to aggravate food sensitivities.
- To minimize digestive issues, our Turkey Meal & Potato Formulas are made with only one source of animal protein. Farm-raised turkey provides the protein needed for strength and overall good health.
- Whole grains, such as whole rolled oats and oatmeal, are nutrient-dense foods that nourish a healthy digestive system for proper nutrient absorption.
- Wholesome oatmeal is high in soluble fiber, which helps ease digestion. This makes it an ideal ingredient for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- Blending whole grains, such as whole brown rice and oatmeal, provides sustained energy for physically active dogs.
- We blend fiber sources with the right protein level to help dogs feel full, which can reduce their overall food intake to aid in weight management and weight loss.
What Our Natural Ingredients Provide
Our high-quality, natural formulas are fortified with vitamins, minerals and trace nutrients. See what we include in our food to help provide complete nutrition and health benefits for your pet.
- Omega-6 fatty acid and B vitamins: Omega-6 fatty acid (from sources such as sunflower oil, soybean oil and chicken) and B vitamins (like niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine and riboflavin) combine to promote healthy skin and a soft, shiny coat.
- DHA: DHA from fish oil supports brain and vision development in puppies and kittens.
- Vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus: Vitamin D is combined with calcium and phosphorus from chicken, lamb, venison, fish and turkey meats and meat meals to promote the development of strong, healthy bones.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids, such as DHA and EPA from fish oil, and alpha-linolenic acid from soybean oil, help support central nervous system development, vision and a healthy heart.
- Highly digestible carbohydrates: Highly digestible carbohydrates, from ingredients such as whole brown rice, whole grain oatmeal or nutrient-rich potatoes, make our cat and dog food easy to digest, even for sensitive stomachs.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin: Glucosamine and chondroitin, from natural sources such as chicken, lamb, venison, fish and turkey meats and meat meals, help support cartilage and joint health.
- An optimal blend of fibers: We combine the right ratio of both soluble and insoluble fibers, from sources such as whole brown rice, whole grain oatmeal and rice bran, for better nutrient absorption and to produce small, firm stool.
- Advanced antioxidants: Advanced antioxidants, such as vitamin C, vitamin E or beta carotene, help maintain a healthy immune system to ensure premium nutrition for your pet.
Ingredient & Nutrient Glossary
It's important to know the ingredients in your pet's food. Learn more about the natural ingredients and nutrients we use.
Our Tailored Formulas
We tailor our natural solutions based on your pet's life stage, breed size and health condition. Explore the dry dog food, wet dog food and biscuits offered within each of our solution families.
Our Team of Experts
We take pride in providing the most advanced, natural products in the industry. Pet nutrition and health are complex subjects that can't be taken lightly. That's why we work with pet food experts to deliver proven pet food formulas. Our team of experts includes:
- Animal nutritionists
- Animal physiologists
- Food chemists
This team also includes The Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition, our fundamental science center. Their research and knowledge is vital for bringing our vision to life. The Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition is a leading scientific authority in pet nutrition and wellbeing. Since their first scientific publication almost 50 years ago, they have communicated their expertise in over 1,700 publications, including more than 600 peer-reviewed journal articles. They take pride in sharing key findings with the scientific community, especially at the highly regarded WALTHAM® International Nutritional Sciences Symposium. In addition, researchers at The Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition collaborate with the world's most renowned veterinary and nutritional scientists, enabling pets around the world to benefit from their work.